122 European Study Group with Industry
Initiated in Oxford in 1968, Study Groups with Industry provide a forum for industrial scientists to work alongside academic mathematicians on problems of direct industrial relevance. They are an internationally recognized method of technology and knowledge transfer between academic mathematicians and industry, usually lasting one week.
The objectives set to achieve at the ESGI are:
- found solutions and insights into existing industrial problems;
- established lasting and productive working links between research applied mathematicians and industry;
- propose new lines of research based on business challenges;
- reinforce the importance of mathematics in industry and mathematical profiles companies; and
- stimulated greater awareness in the wider community of the power of mathematics in providing solution paths to real-world problems.
COST Action TD1409, Mathematics for Industry Network (MI-NET) co-organized and co-finances this event. The ESGI is co-funded by the Thematic Network RTmath-in, granted by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness within the dynamic actions "Networks of Excellence" at 2014 call, by the Industrial Mathematics Technology Network (Red TMATI) and it is also funded by a project of the Norwegian government.